Knitting and Stitching Show Harrogate - Part 4 - Spending Time

Visiting the Harrogate show in terms of buying opportunities is like alighting in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Endless stalls of fabulous must-have, just-can't-do-without fibres, yarns, fabrics and threads.

I will only buy what I need.

I know what I am looking for.

I have a list.

I lied.

I lied over and over again.

But I came home thrilled beyond measure over my bag of Habu goodies. Who could resist raw silk wrapped paper and raw silk tassar yarns which make me sigh when I look at them?


Raw silk tassar yarn - image from habutextiles.com

Artisan tempted me with beautiful hand-dyed linen lace yarn in soft pewter, natural flax and most wondrously so so soft seaweed silk yarn in pure ivory. I was lost!

For anyone who has experienced the fibre extravaganza that is Oliver Twists, well you will know what happened next... undone and beyond...

Spending time indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling 2010

and the sky was the land and the land was the sky

Not Whining But Screaming