and the sky was the land and the land was the sky

Since I set up a table in our living room, locked out of my studio, oh it must be years ago now, I’ve been getting used to new ways.
Moving water and paint around in fluid flows across comfortingly weighty papers has been my distraction.
Making a fresh familiar.
Trying not to listen to any predetermined directions that I offered up, I have splashed and poured and spilt and stroked.
Torn boundaries. Isolated eddies. Dried markings.
Swirling and coalescing into the beyond.
I see worlds that are watery and sky.
Land that is undefined and one.
Sky and land together, inseparable.

And so began a new series of small works on paper - collages with watercolour, India ink and graphite on textured paper.
About the wholeness of our environment.
No separation.
Made slowly.

This narrative thread trails on along many paths and ideas.
And there will be many workings on the theme as I try to make sense of their meaning.
For me.
And for universal connections too.

From time to time I may post finished pieces like glimpses through trees of a more whole landscape.
Like the first work below:


"and the sky was the land and the land was the sky"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling 2010

Not Whining But Screaming