Connections (or where the titles come from)



Book reading and a word pops out.
I write it down in my notebook of interesting words.
Another remembered word floats up and then a phrase, sighing inside me.
Scratchings of old familiar language and place.
A song perhaps?
I find it, listen to it.
Memories and feelings and heady exploration.
Another idea for a title of a painting is there.

This time the book is “The Old Ways” by Robert Macfarlane.
The word is swathed.
The remembered word is “happed” - Scots for wrapped up, enfolded or clothed.
The song is “Happed in Mist” by Michael Marra.
The title for the painting is “sky happit”.

I expect that one day soon I will make it just as a few years ago I made
“path from wanchancy"














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling 2010

and the sky was the land and the land was the sky

Not Whining But Screaming