a treat of the unexpected

Change happens and I can’t ever predict what it might be.

One day just before Christmas as things were calming down a bit in my studio and I was mulling over what I should do next, I received a phone call from Lynne at The Whitehouse Gallery in Kirkcudbright.
Would I like to show some of my work there for a week in February?

Well, yes.

This popular, contemporary gallery is a smart, light space with a reputation for exhibiting quality art and crafts and I hadn’t ever shown my work there before.

I didn’t expect they would ever show my paintings there.
I don’t have a great story to tell of commercial galleries and my success.
I don’t seem to make the kind of work that sits well in a crowded space of disparate work.

My paintings seem to fair better when hung side-by-side, with as much or as little space around them as they need to communicate their collective story without interference.

My husband says that it is then that they can sing to each other.

Happily Lynne gets this and decided to give me a large wall to myself and one week quickly became two.

I had work a-plenty lying around in my studio with a couple of larger pieces to be finished.
Lynne wanted to take it all.

And so it is that this Saturday will be the opening of my half of "Two’s Company" at the Whitehouse Gallery, Kirkcudbright from 11am to 4pm and it continues until 28th February.

It would be lovely to see you there if you can make it along.

Surprising and unexpected and fun...


"breathing the same sky" 1 & 2
(each one is 75cm x 75cm)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring Fling 2010

and the sky was the land and the land was the sky

Not Whining But Screaming